Would you like to become a new patient of A+ Family Medicine? If so, this is what you need to know
Make sure you have an insurance policy that lists the providers of A+ Family Medicine available as providers. Here is a list of the insurance providers with which A+ Family Medicine currently does business.
If you would like to continue and officially change your primary care provider to a provider at A+ Family Medicine, that is listed above, please do the following:
- Call your insurance provider and tell them which provider you want as your new primary care provider. Make sure you do this step first.
- If you need to schedule an appointment with your new provider, it is recommended that you schedule over the phone unless you are absolutely positive A+ Family Medicine has a copy of your medical records. Click here to find out about AF Associate’s scheduling policies.
- When you have your first appointment with your new provider you will need to fill out the following forms:
- Patient Registration. This form gives A+ Family Medicine information about you and your insurance provider.
- Patient Authorization for Disclosure to Designated Provider. This form needs to be filled out in order for A+ Family Medicine to obtain your medical records from your previous primary care provider.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. This form needs to be read and signed so you are aware of your rights in regards to your medical records.
- Patient Office Policies. This document needs to be read and signed so you are aware of the patient policies of A+ Family Medicine.